lunes, 20 de octubre de 2014

Opinion practice: Rugby


A lot of people think that rugby is a really dangerous sport, they also think that rugby is like a kind of war between big monster guys. In fact, it is but it is not as hard as people imagine. It's right that rugby players get a lot of injuries but there is not a big difference with other sports that people really loves to watch like football.


I've played rugby in my city, Orihuela, since I was 15 years old. It is a hard sport and if you want to play it, you have to accept that sometimes you will be hit and get hurt. It gets some time to get used to the hits but once you are used to the hits it doesn't hurt at all. Also, in these 9 years I've been playing rugby, I didn't have any serious injury and I had worse injuries when I was playing football when I was a kid or in normal life at home... The people who plays rugby is also really nice and after every finished game, there is a kind of meeting that rugbiers call "Third quarter". Both teams meet at some bar or something and home team invites the guest team to some drinks and foods.


Rugby is a really funny sport and not much more dangerous than other ones. It could show people that they are braver than they think and also It could help them to reduce stress!

1 comentario: