martes, 16 de diciembre de 2014

Practice: Essay; The environment

"It is imperative that youth from all parts of the world participate actively in all relevant levels of decision-making processes because it affects their lives today and has implications for their futures." — Chapter 25 of Agenda 21, adopted at the 1992 United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED) in Rio de Janeiro.



In recent years the scientific evidence supporting the need to reduce gas emissions and other major environmental pollutants has increased. What are the small things that can do to make a big change? How can they all do something to make their planet more sustainable? Simple. We each need to do a little bit. Humans, like animals, also leave an impression as a consequence of their activities. Actions from switching on a light to littering the street, running a tap to travelling by car, all leave some form of impression on the environment. This is known as our environmental footprint.


As I see it, young people is really concerned about it nowadays. The air pollution is growing up in big cities and it is a World-wide problem, in some of them like Hong Kong is a really big issue and the view of the city with these black clouds is really ugly. In my opinion new generations has to lead the environment develop with all kind of activities and I think we are doing well, we are a generation with a better education than the older ones. The climate change is a fact and it will get worse if we don't make that change. In my case, I am not exactly a Greenpeace person but I try to respect environment as far as I can. I drive my car only when it is really necessary, in other cases, I use my bike. Also I try to save petrol with an effective driving of my car. I recycle paper and bottles and I try to concern about it to everyone around me.


We have to start doing these small things that can make a big change for a sustainable development. The youngsters have the responsability of teaching older generations that their actings in the world have consequences and they can also join that movement. These small things can preserve and make this world a nice place to live for the future generations.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario